Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Period and running?

(3 Posts)
rococopops Mon 15-Aug-11 17:35:57

I had a baby boy 14 weeks ago and I think my period is coming back. I am due to go for a run tonight and I am sure i have read that it isn't a great idea to run on first day of period, but don't know if this is OWT or not? can anyone advise at all?

applechutney Mon 15-Aug-11 17:45:19

Have you already been running since the birth of your little boy? (congrats btw smile)

If you have, and didn't encounter any problems, then I cannot imagine why running on the first day of your period should be a problem.

Not a medical expert by any means, just can't imagine this being a valid reason not to run.

rococopops Mon 15-Aug-11 18:00:40

Thanks for your reply apple. I have been out a couple of times but am paranoid about all my bits falling out blush as i have had 3 babies all quite close together and 2 over 9lbs. Someone once said to me "never run on first day of period" and other than just not wanting to I wondered if there was an actual medical reason iyswim? will see how i feel smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now