Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Anyone know about High LH levels?? Irregular periods ect?

(5 Posts)
shellmc Sun 14-Aug-11 21:01:34

Recently stopped the pill to have blood tests taken after, irregular bleeding, pains and cramps.

Stopped pill end april -beginning may
No period until 3rd July (over 8 weeks for it to come)
Nothing since then now day 42 since Last monthly period!!

Waiting to see an endocrinologist end of next month, Also on thyroxine for underactive thyroid.

Sick of feeling like crap, constantly bloated, get pains and cramps low down which last for over a week at a time, moody, tired the list can go on.

Iv heard that high LH levels can sometimes indicate PCOS, does anyone know or in simular position.
Iv also had 2 spots of bleeding this month as if period was about to show but nothing!!

Can anyone help??

KenDoddsDadsDog Sun 14-Aug-11 21:13:53

I was told I had high LH levels when I was diagnosed with PCOS. I didnt have the rest of the symptoms you describe apart from full on PMT then nothing happening.
Hope you get sorted soon!

shellmc Mon 15-Aug-11 21:04:46

Thanks so much for your reply!!
So High LH levels do indicate PCOS. I dont understand it all to be honest.
I Get all the signs that my period is about to start but then it just doesnt!!
Thats what i mean by bloatyness, period cramps and moody.
Do you not have any periods at all then kendoddsdadsdog ?
Are you aware if you can still ovualte with PCOS?
Do you tend to have any spotting??
Thanks again

KenDoddsDadsDog Mon 15-Aug-11 21:37:17

I do now as was treated with some hormones and then the mirena for PMT. I managed to conceive thanks to this and now things are much better. No spotting but bloatedness beyond belief!
If you are diagnosed there is a good website called Verity.

shellmc Mon 15-Aug-11 21:50:42

Thanks very much.
I do have a DS who is 2, my irregular periods and abnormal hormone results came after i had him. Just wondering if PCOS would stop me from concieving again in the future, nice to hear that you have! x

Can i just ask do you have any issues with Hair-iness ?? blush
I have facial hair on my chin and across my lip which has gotten worse past year or soo, one of the reasons why gp suggested blood tests. Im forever plucking and i a very concious about it!!
Im constantly bloated look 6 months pregnant most days hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now