Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Pain in left ovary

(4 Posts)
cakeismyfriend Sun 14-Aug-11 15:06:17

Hi,
I was just wondering if anyone could give me some advice? I have had a dull ache and ocassional shooting pain in the bottom part of my left torso, this has been going on for about 2 months. I've probably made it worse as when I feel any discomfort I have been prodding to try and find something!!
I can't feel any lumps. I went to see the doctor on Friday and I'm being referred for an ultrasound. I made the mistake of googling the symptoms and am now worried that I have ovarian cancer!! Am scared! It's a 2-3 week wait for an ultrasound, I'm not great at waiting!
Has anyone experienced these symptoms? Has it been something harmless, or it always bad news?!
Thanks for reading and for any advice

jenniec79 Sun 14-Aug-11 15:14:48

If your doctor really thought you had cancer he'd have referred you much faster. From what you've said it could be all sorts of things - kidney/bladder related, ovary - cysts, follicles etc, fibroids, bowel things like diverticulae or even just constipation. Shooting pains could be trapped nerves too esp if coming round from your back.

You're still in fact-finding phase just now - try not to get ahead of yourself.

cakeismyfriend Sun 14-Aug-11 18:57:19

Thanks jenniec,
Family history just made me worry- gran got ovarian cancer at 40 and my mum had a hysterectomy last year.
Anyone else got any ideas?

orangeflutie Sun 14-Aug-11 19:42:00

Sounds very likely to be a cyst. I had one removed recently.

Try not to worry.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now