Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

reading dh´s blood test results

(4 Posts)
tigermother Sun 14-Aug-11 09:56:50

no, not for stds or undivulged genetic secrets, more high levels of uric acid, cholesterol etc. i want to know optimums, how bad his readings are, exactly why he has to stop drinking and eating rubbish now. Does anyone know how I can find this out?

Also, can anyone recommend a decent health book for men in their 40s setting out exactly why they can´t still éat and drink as they did in their 20s, or some other way of getting the message across (seeing as looking in the mirror doesn´t seem to work).

CMOTdibbler Sun 14-Aug-11 10:05:46

If he had tests, then the person who ordered them should explain them, and there is usually a normal range on the results - when I had a bupa healthcheck it had a very detailed booklet with the drs letter.

The Haynes mens health book is really good

mousymouse Sun 14-Aug-11 10:08:13

have a look here

tigermother Sun 14-Aug-11 10:31:30

CMO thanks but there isn´t but we did have it done in Spain so are translating it at the same time, and there is no normal range column. thanks mouse, i am looking at that now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now