Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

those who have had polyhydramnios - what have you done about your stomach?

(14 Posts)
olivo Sat 13-Aug-11 19:33:45

I had polyhydramnios with DD2, I am quite small and my bump was HUGE! She turns 2 next week and I am in despair at my stomach. I know I need to lose a few pounds, but the worst part is the crinkly skin below and about one inch either of my tummy button. I also have overhang caused by 2 c-secs. Am i doomed and just have to accept this, or is there anything short of a tmmy tuck, that can help it?

I would be very glad of any help, I am quite down about this at the moment.

Elibean Sat 13-Aug-11 19:54:01

Hi, can sympathise - but sadly no answers. I actually had polyhydramnios with dd1 (and a section) but my tummy recovered quite well - much saggier after dd2, also a section but not a huge bump. Perhaps its just having TWO that does it? confused

olivo Sat 13-Aug-11 20:05:19

I suppose it could be. i was huge both times, some of my friends have been so neat, I imagine their stomachs are perfect envy

Elibean Sat 13-Aug-11 21:13:31

Possibly. But no one (real) is perfect all over grin

TheSecondComing Sat 13-Aug-11 21:59:12

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

olivo Sun 14-Aug-11 07:16:13

<sigh> maybe it was the CS, I guess there is no way of knowing. Do your tummies bother you? I always thought I would see them as a kind of battle symbol, one very traumatic brith and a very difficult pregnancy with lucky reults, but as time goes by, it is just depresses me.

TheOriginalFAB Sun 14-Aug-11 07:20:18

I had it with dc1 and had to have an emergency section. I lost all the weight but don't really remember the state of my stomach. I have since had 2 more babies and put more weight on with dc3. My stomach muscles separated and I wasn't told what to do, I have since had shingles and been left with nerve damage so have a mummy tummy. I have bought some cream which is ££ as in a test it actually worked so I will see how I go. I just want to look less pregnant.

olivo Sun 14-Aug-11 09:07:17

Fab, which cream is it? I am willing to try anything right now. I have no sensation on one side of my stomach, it had started to come back just when I fell pg with DD2.

GrownUpNow Sun 14-Aug-11 09:12:14

I had this with my DS, my stomach stretched so much that in the end my stretch marks were bleeding, so you can imagine the state of my stomach. DD calls me a zebra because I am covered in scars from my boobs to my knees from swelling up so much. If there is anything I can do, I will do it, as it definitely affects my confidence.

ChristinedePizan Sun 14-Aug-11 09:25:54

I've only had one DC but my stomach looks like crepe paper sad

ChristinedePizan Sun 14-Aug-11 09:26:22

after polyhydramnios I mean. People thought I was having twins

Elibean Sun 14-Aug-11 10:35:00

Olivo, in response to your question, my tummy doesn't bother me much now - possibly because overall I'm not in bad shape for my age, possibly because I'm too busy to care. But if I were younger (I'm 51) or if it were in worse shape, it might bother me more - and even the age and shape I am, I did go through a sort of mourning phase for my old self.

Not just tummy, either!

TheOriginalFAB Sun 14-Aug-11 14:41:10

It is Mama Mio Get Waisted Body Shaper. I read about it in the Daily Mail grin.

It finally arrived yesterday but I haven't tried it yet.

MellowBirds Sun 14-Aug-11 15:38:42

Hi Olivo, I had polyhydramnios with dc2 (now 8m), plus a second section. Like FAB, stomach muscles have separated. I did exercises from the physio and Spanx type underwear has become a big part of my life. It helps. A bit. It does bother me. I could try and lose weight but I'm not that big (size 12) and I think it would stay in proportion so the shape would still be apple on a stick. The other thing would be to dress a bit differently to find things that skirt over the problem, but haven't had time to research that yet.

Good luck - would be interested to know how you get on.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now