Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Is anyone else fed up wit their post baby bump two or more years on?

(16 Posts)
Canistaysane Sat 13-Aug-11 16:42:14

Since having baby no. two, I have struggled to get rid of baby bump. o.k. I haven't been on any diets or got into exercise but I am fed up of feeling fat!
although I am not huge I just can't get rid of the Flab round my tummy.
I probably need to go on a diet and stop eating all the cakes etc that I eat.
Does anyone else have this problem?
I am not the most motivated person in the world?
Should we start a journey together to loose the flab.?
I'm not suggesting crash diets or anything silly, Just an attempt at loosing excess flab.
Does anyone want to join me?

Canistaysane Sat 13-Aug-11 19:27:43

I Guess not.
DH has just bought me a bar of chocolate. Don't know if I should cry or laugh.

olivo Sat 13-Aug-11 19:36:25

cani, I am having exactly the same problem, but as well as the extra fat, I have a load of crinkly skin - I have actually just posted before seeing this! I am also 2 years on - I am trying to lose weight, but don't have time to exercise, what with a full time job, 2 little ones and no sleep. The tiredness leads me to eat more, but we are trying to deal with that.
i am happy to join you on the lose the bump journey!

Canistaysane Sat 13-Aug-11 19:42:46

grin Hurray, I'm not alone!
I think this bar of chocolate I have just been given will have to be eaten a little each day or do you think I should eat it soon and then start a fresh?hmm

Canistaysane Sat 13-Aug-11 19:54:58

Oh sorry olivo just read your other thread hope your o.k

olivo Sat 13-Aug-11 20:07:22

I'm fine thanks, just a bit 'body aware' at the moment - two years after DD1 and I was nearly back to normal, whatever that is! I have been trying to only eat a little bit of choc, but it's nearly kiling me! enjoy it, and we'll start again tomorrow!

Canistaysane Sat 13-Aug-11 20:18:53

O.k. thanks. It's hard though isn't it, My dh likes cakes and crisps so I can't just say I wont buy any I'll just have to try not to eat many.

SESthebrave Sat 13-Aug-11 20:27:27

Ooh! Me too!!! DS is 2.3 and my flabby belly really gets me down. I have tried to do something about it and have been having a weekly session with a personal trainer since February.

We are ttc DC2 but have been trying for 9mo and had a mc in June, but I figure - even though I'm hoping my belly will swell for good reason in the next few months - there's nothing wrong with trying to get in shape before being pg or incase I don't manage to have DC2!

One of my weaknesses is my diet. It's not horrendous but I do have a weakness for work meetings in Starbucks or Costa over a hot chocolate blush We also tend to eat our evening meal after 8pm which I'm sure doesn't help.
My DH is much more overweight than I am (he's 5'9" and 17st) but he doesn't seem so bothered by it and also likes snacks like crisps and ice cream which doesn't help me!

Anyway, it would be good to keep eachother encouraged and hopefully share our successes along the way!

hugeleyoutnumbered Sat 13-Aug-11 20:31:06

hey I have 3 dc, am still trying to lose baby weight from number one grin
i am using acia berry at the moment, not sure if its as good as the ads say but am willing to give it a shot, have lost six pounds this week,

olivo Sat 13-Aug-11 20:32:26

what is it hugely? tablets? juice? what does it do?

I'll be off out to get some.....grin

SESthebrave Sat 13-Aug-11 20:33:18

6 pounds!!!!! Wow!!! I need to know more about that!!!

Canistaysane Sat 13-Aug-11 22:22:28

Thanks everyone, I've still got this bar of chocolate to get throughblush but when it's gone I'm going to try and cut down on snacking between meals.
Will be good if we can support each other!

Dysgu Sat 13-Aug-11 22:51:54

I have been thinking this too - so I am sitting here telling myself that I don't need to go into the kitchen and get a snack! For me, I think that is one of the worst things - my diet isn't too bad and it is just the belly pouch that gets me down!

I am turning 40 towards the end of next year and am hoping to have got rid of it by then - I just need to find the motivation to do something about it.

Canistaysane Sun 14-Aug-11 15:38:01

Not doing too bad today: got up had breakfast, no snacks this morning, had lunch and have just stopped for a coffee with some biscuits.
How's everyone else?

SESthebrave Sun 14-Aug-11 19:48:52

Cani - sounds like you're having a good day.

Mine's not been too bad - 2 slices of toast and marmite for breakfast. We went to Starbucks for lunch but I just had a panini with a skinny hot chocolate and no cream!
We then had an early family tea of gammon with potatoes and carrots (both homegrown smile )
Admittedly there is now an apple pie in the oven of which I'll probably have a large slice with custard but on the whole not too bad a day!

Hope everyone else is doing ok!

Canistaysane Sun 14-Aug-11 21:44:35

I've done well to not snack today but I am now sat here thinking about the other half of the bar of chocolate that I started last night.blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now