Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

How long for periods to settle after baby?

(4 Posts)
minibmw2010 Sat 13-Aug-11 02:25:08

DS is 12 weeks now and I'm on my third period in about 6 weeks so every two weeks or so. They are incredibly heavy and I'm soaking through heavy tampons and pads. How long did it take for yours to settle down?

minibmw2010 Sun 14-Aug-11 01:38:01

Bump smile

rockinhippy Sun 14-Aug-11 01:51:49

I would speak with your Dr about it as it doesn't sound right to me at all, one of the pleasures of having DD & breastfeeding was no periods for years smile - mine started again about 2 month after I stopped BF, so a year after her birth.

Though if you aren't BF it might be different, but I would still expect you to be period free for a while longer than you were - others who didn't BF should help mor if thats the case though, but still think you need to see a GP

good luck

minibmw2010 Sun 14-Aug-11 09:41:30

Thanks for the response. I should have mentioned I'm formula feeding not breast feeding. Cheers smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now