Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Anyone been to a clairvoyant? Any good?

(5 Posts)
sarahbeth2 Thu 11-Aug-11 17:08:50

Just wondering, has any one had an experience where they have thought my god they are good - how did they know that or things have come true or has it all been general guesswork?

DBennett Thu 11-Aug-11 18:35:04

It's not guesswork.

It's either conscious or unconscious "cold reading".

wompoopigeon Thu 11-Aug-11 18:38:58

My friend went to one and it was laughable rubbish. Got everything wrong!- frantic back pedalling, vague statements that could apply to anyone....
What a waste of £.

pinkytheshrinky Thu 11-Aug-11 18:40:01

I was married to someone who now claims to 'communicate with those who have died' - he also does past life regressions and reiki and all sorts - he is also a violent husband, father and has a borderline personality disorder (all ascertained through the courts and hasn't seen his children for 3.5 years!) - he is a master of cold reading which is i am sure why he appears to be so perceptive, he is in fact, just highly manipulative.

Sorry to put a downer on it but he is a charlatan of the worst kind, I am also concerned that someone so mentally unwell is around people who can be vulnerable, there is no regulatory bodies for these sorts of people.

It could be a bit of fun but please do be careful as these types of 'professions' are sometimes taken up by inadequate personalities who need to feel important sad

KurriKurri Thu 11-Aug-11 18:47:12

sarahbeth - do you have a health problem you are worried about? if you do, please don't get involved with clairvoyants, get yourself the medical help you need.

Clairvoyants are charlatans IMO, and prey on vulnerable people.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now