Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Not sure what to make of this- heavy period /wiped out/anxiety or hormonal mess?

(1 Post)
LeCielEstBleu Thu 11-Aug-11 08:46:23

Hi this will probably be quite long and confused!Not sure whether to have posted it in the mental health section . Can't get to docs until monday or tuesday really, although I would probably prefer to get by without going at all as long as I can stop myself worrying.
Felt a bit grotty and tired over the past month, thought it was all the end of term rushing around. On day seven of a period at the moment which has been heavy and was around 8-10 days later than usual (I'm usually 25/26 day cycle) and had awful breast pain this time. Used to be on Venlafaxine, (took it for bad generalized anxiety/cfs type symptoms, never thought I was particularly depressed) reduced gradually and came off in April under doctors supervision (the venlafaxine causes weight gain & didn't think it was needed any more.) Have some tingling in the face , hands and feet which is the usual pattern of all this for me and have had loads of tests for various things in the past which have drawn a blank. I have taken Evening Primrose oil on & off(also taking a few iron tablets over the last few days because I,ve been borderline anaemic in the past) but probably haven,t given this enough time to work. I am a bit reluctant to got to the doctors because I think they'll just think I,m nuts and put me straight back on AD's .
Sorry it's a bit garbled, suppose I'm just looking for any suggestions or anyone with similar experience or advice.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now