Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

anxiety and late period

(4 Posts)
kaylasmum Thu 11-Aug-11 08:42:43

i've been suffering from severe anxiety for the past ten weeks, my period is 11days late. I think the chances of me being pg is very slim. My dp and i made love on day 20 of my cycle, we bormally use condoms but this time we did'nt, my dp withdrew before ejaculation. We have used this method on a number of occasions without problems.

I'm 45 so i imagine my fertility is decreasing. I've been getting pelvic cramping like my period is about to start but no sign of it.

Could it be the anxiety thats delaying my period?

chopstheduck Thu 11-Aug-11 08:45:42

it def could be, fingers crossed for you that it is just the anxiety. Anxiety can make periods go either way - I've had them appear out of the blue due to stress or be very late. You could go get a cheapy kit to put your mind at rest, and then you will probably find that once you know you are def not pg, it will come.

LeCielEstBleu Thu 11-Aug-11 08:54:01

I'm following your thread with interest as I'm having anxiety(again) and strange periods too and have just started a thread. I'm 42. I can sympathize. Do you take anything for your anxiety?

kaylasmum Thu 11-Aug-11 19:05:49

thanks for the replies,

I'm pretty sure its the anxiety causing this but i don't know why i'm getting the period like pains. I'll give it another couple of days and do a test.

Anyone else have any thoughts on this?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now