Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Ulnar nerve entrapment?

(4 Posts)
seb1 Tue 09-Aug-11 22:41:45

Anyone else had it? How long did it last and how did you get rid of it.

cakesandale Wed 10-Aug-11 10:02:50

Hi Seb

I had an ulnar nerve that was not trapped, but was tight within the channel it moves along - as a result of a broken elbow. It was giving me numb fingers. Does this sound similar?

I'm afraid I had to have surgery to improve it. But, on the plus side, the op was pretty minor and pain-free, and the improvement was instant. HTH.

CMOTdibbler Wed 10-Aug-11 10:36:15

I have a degree of this due to an elbow injury - it causes intermittent numbness and pins and needles and has been going on for a year now. I'm seeing an elbow surgeon this afternoon about the rest of my elbow woes

Have you had nerve conduction studies done to see how bad it is ?

conkerchops Wed 10-Aug-11 22:06:20

i had problems with this several years ago and had intermittent numbness and tingling in half of my middle finger and my ring and little fingers on my right hand. I also have rheumatoid arthritis though and this was as a result of inflammation in my elbow joint - i too needed surgery to re locate the nerve. This was fairly easy and straight forward though and the relief was instant. You need a referal to an orthopaedic surgeon. Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now