Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Conjunctivits

(6 Posts)
Imnotaslimjim Tue 09-Aug-11 10:49:07

I've managed to contract conjunctivits from my lovely son

Its getting really painful, and the side of my head is throbbing - is this normal? I've only had it once before and it was over within a couple of days.

Is there a home remedy I can do (been doing salt water washes as suggested by dr last time) or do I HAVE to see a dr? I've tried for an appt this morning and they're fuilly booked so if its needed, I'll go to the OOH's centre later on

Imnotaslimjim Tue 09-Aug-11 11:27:14

bump

moaningminniewhingesagain Tue 09-Aug-11 21:29:11

can get drops from the chemist now, don't need a prescription - for chloramphenicol anyway.

Huffpot Tue 09-Aug-11 21:37:30

I've had it in the past and it's been relatively mild but I recently had a really bad case and was in agony
I couldn't bend over without feeling like I was going to topple and my whole eye socket was swollen and I looked like my DP had been hitting me
I got the eyedrops from the chemist but they didn't do anything and I went to our walk in centre and the doctor gave me antibiotics
If you're feeling horrid don't hesitate to go to the doctor!
(feel better soon!)

timidviper Tue 09-Aug-11 21:39:19

Try the chloramphenicol drops from the pharmacy first as the doctor would give you those for a couple of days before antibiotics anyway.

Imnotaslimjim Wed 10-Aug-11 09:02:23

Thanks for the replies ladies, forgot to check this last night

My eye is still very red, and quite itchy but the achy feeling has passed so I'm assuming its getting better. I've been bathing regularly to stop it sticking together so hopefully that is helping. If it starts aching again, I'll go the chemist and get some chloramphenicol, thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now