Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Blow to eye last night, vision blurry today

(4 Posts)
Lindax Sun 07-Aug-11 10:56:38

Had a blow to eye last night with a blunt object. Last night couldnt open eye without it streaming tears and feeling nippy so just kept eye closed. No pain when eye closed.

No apparant bruising in eye area or redness to eye today and no pain, but vision blurry in that eye. Seems to be only blurry when looking straight ahead, looking to sides/up/down is clear. I am hoping it will just clear up over the course of the day. Does that sound ok, or should I get someone to look at?

Embarassing bit : Injury was substained by looking down barrel of ds's new NERF gun (dart tag with velcro at end of bullet) to see if bullet had loaded/jammed and pulling trigger at point blank range to see what happened blushblushblush

littleshinyone Sun 07-Aug-11 11:01:01

hard to say really. the likelihood is that it will be ok, but i'd get it looked at and eye movements checked in A&E or a minor injuries unit- you'd feel even more silly if it didn't get better and you hadn't done anything....

good luck!

Catsmamma Sun 07-Aug-11 11:04:32

find an opticians and go visit them, most will squeeze in something like this, and then can refer you on to the local eye clinic if appropriate, or advise on otc eye drops if necessary

Lindax Sun 07-Aug-11 11:15:03

good idea, brain obviously still not engaged, will try to find opticians with space/open on a Sunday.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now