Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.


(3 Posts)
UpandDown19 Sat 06-Aug-11 04:05:10

I'm new to Mumsnet and I'm not sure if I've posted this in the right thread or not.

Im 19 years old and since I was about 15 I have been suffering from depression. Its not constant depression though, I have been keeping track and for for 7 weeks and 2 days Ive been feeling on top of the world. Like literally invincable and I've loved my life, I've woke up today and immediately I wanted to cry. All day Ive been bursting into tears over absolutly nothing. Even now as Im writing this I feel like crying and nothing has upset me.

Last month when I was feeling happy I went to see a psychiatric nurse as my mum & I thought that I had Bi-Polar. The nurse didnt think so and she couldnt find anything wrong with me. Not only have I been to see the nurse but Ive been to my G.P several times and he does nothing for me and allways tells me to come back in a few weeks and see what I feel like. Ive looked on the internet and havnt been able to find anything that matches me.

Ive felt great for nearly 2 months and now I feel like crap, I feel like i have nothing thats good in my life.

From what I have kept track of for 2 months I am extremly happy and then for about 3 months I am in despair over my life and dont have the energy to even get out of bed.

Is there anybody out there who could help me figure out whats wrong?

bagelmonkey Sat 06-Aug-11 09:22:50

I think you need to see a different GP. Maybe what you're experiencing is just the normal ups and downs of life, maybe you do have bi-polar. Maybe you're somewhere in between. Whatever, it's obviously causing you some concern, you're not happy and you need to be assessed and then either reassured or offered some kind of treatment. You shouldn't have to feel this bad.

bagelmonkey Sat 06-Aug-11 09:24:08

There is a 'milder' form of bi-polar called cyclothymia.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: