Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

DD having stomach pains when urinating, I have vaginal pain when urinating?

(10 Posts)
bytheMoonlight Fri 05-Aug-11 08:00:54

DD, aged 3, has been having stomach pains when urinating and we awaiting the results of a urine sample I took into the doctors on Thursday.

Since yesterday I have had pain when urinating but not in my stomach.

Could these be related?

Paschaelina Fri 05-Aug-11 08:07:31

Only way to find out is for you to do a sample as well.

mousymouse Fri 05-Aug-11 08:07:55

at 3 it is still difficult for children to exactly say where the pain is located. so your dd might have the sme symptoms but just can't tell...iyswim

bytheMoonlight Fri 05-Aug-11 08:08:58

If it is the same, what could it be?

bytheMoonlight Fri 05-Aug-11 08:50:47

bump

orangeflutie Fri 05-Aug-11 09:11:33

It sounds like your dd may have a urine infection and coincidentally you could have one too.

My youngest dd has had a lot of urine infections and she usually describes the pain as a low stomach ache.

bytheMoonlight Fri 05-Aug-11 19:42:20

Thanks orangedlutie smile

I'll wait for the test results for dd and then if I'm no better do a sample myself.

How do you get urine infectines?

orangeflutie Fri 05-Aug-11 22:15:28

Hi often you can get urine infections/ UTIs from e-coli bacteria that normally live in your large intestine but some people get more UTIs than others.

My dd gets lots of UTIs and has had a load of tests but the doctors at the hospital are still not really sure why she gets them. She might have something called 'reflux' which means one of her inside tubes lets urine travel back up to her kidneys. She's on antibiotics most of the time.

Hope you and your dd get better soon.

strictlovingmum Fri 05-Aug-11 22:31:02

Urinary infection, it has to be confirmed and diagnosed by urine sample, your DD will probably ned a course of strong antibiotics and she will probably need a ultrasound of her kidneys, to check for any scaring.
We were advised by our GP regarding our DD(suffered first time as soon as she was out of the nappies age2) to be fastidious about hygiene, to make sure she wipes front to back, and not use soap when washing, try not to worry, girls get them, also if she does number two just before bath time, wash her before she sits in the bath.
I would not think hat your tummy pains and hers are related, and in our DD case urinary infection was accompanied with very high temp. especially in the night.

strictlovingmum Fri 05-Aug-11 22:36:12

I also remember DD at the time also complained of pain in lower back.
She did have a scan after she had finished course of antibiotics, and there was no scaring, we were relived, apparently only in cases where infection was ignored for lengthly period of time scaring is possible, good luck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now