Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Spotty head

(4 Posts)
Clarence15 Wed 03-Aug-11 21:53:06

I go through spells of getting spots on my scalp. They're mainly just along the hairline but some are further round my scalp. They feel like proper 'face' spots, with a head. Does anyone know what this is and how to get rid of them?

KilledBill Thu 04-Aug-11 11:34:50

If you get spots elsewhere this could just be your hormones, you are just prone to spots.

Most likely is you hair - either you have greasy hair, your shampoo / conditioner is too heavy or not rinsed out enough, or it is cause by styling products.

If I were you I'd try cleaning all hair brushes, changing hair products for a while and if you dont already then just apply conditioner to the ends of your hair.

Clarence15 Thu 04-Aug-11 17:08:51

Thanks, it could be that as I do wash it nearly every day using conditioner and a styling serum. And I do have hormonal spots on my face too so probably a mixture of the two things.

bubble2bubble Thu 04-Aug-11 22:29:30

I've got this - none on my face but around hairline & in my hair.

There is a medical name for it ( forgotten at the moment ) & you can get treatment shampoos though I've never bothered as i am convinced mine is stress related.

If I actually manage to calm down for a few days the spots miraculously disappear but then after another day of stress ( a lot on at the moment! ) they come back.

Sympathies. It is bleeugh.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now