Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

LLETZ treatment for severe dyskaryosis

(4 Posts)
Piggyleroux Wed 03-Aug-11 08:13:31

Has anyone had this? Am booked in for this Friday. What's it like? Is it painful? Have had very little info from the hospital.

I am a bit worried because apparently there is a small risk of premature labour with future pregnancies.

mel2005 Wed 03-Aug-11 08:44:38

i had it and it didnt hurt at all, i was amazed because people kept telling me stories of burning smell etc and worse pain than childbirth.
i think there is a small risk, i would talk to the nurse, i am sure that the midwife will keep a watchful eye on you with future pregnancies.

BelaLugosiinStripes Wed 03-Aug-11 21:47:40

Hi Piggyleroux
Useful info here.
I have also had a LLETZ (as well as working in a screening lab so that was weird!) and it didn't hurt as they do a local anaesthetic. Sometimes you can feel a slight tugging.
Do take a large pad with you, and get a lift back as you might feel a little wobbly afterwards. Oh and wearing a skirt is easier.
They should tell you but do ask when and how you will get your results and whether they will want to see you back there to discuss them.

Piggyleroux Fri 05-Aug-11 08:02:17

Thanks. Was a little worried but feel better now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now