Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

bottom problem

(6 Posts)
saggybaps Tue 02-Aug-11 19:28:06

Hi, I'm saggybaps & yesterday I had a painful poo.

I've just been today, stood up, had a quick glance in the bowl & there was a clot. It was about 3.5cm long & resembled a slug. Weirdly I do feel like I've pulled a muscle in my right butt cheek.

My baby is now a year old, does anyone have any ideas?

nenevomito Tue 02-Aug-11 22:02:15

Sounds like you have internal piles. See your GP to check, but you can get treatments from the pharmacy if you'd rather.

Elibean Tue 02-Aug-11 22:14:05

I would guess at a small tear, if yesterday's poo was painful. If today's poo stung a bit, or felt weird, its probably a tear. Otherwise, could be an internal pile - I would see your GP anyway, they are very used to bottom problems!

saggybaps Tue 02-Aug-11 22:45:23

Thanks so much for replying, will call doc for an (other) appointment. Since I've had my baby I could fill a whole episode of 'embarrassing illnesses' Arghh

Elibean Tue 02-Aug-11 23:35:52

Ah yes, motherhood, the final shredder of modesty grin

Good for you. Honestly, they won't bat an eyelid.

bacon Wed 03-Aug-11 13:53:30

Anual fissures - very painful and have suffered since late teens.
Try a few days on Ducloease - brilliant stuff keeps poos soft and works overnight.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now