Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

treatment for fungal nail infection

(4 Posts)
rumpleteaser Tue 02-Aug-11 15:25:59

Has anyone tried over the counter treatments such as Curanail lacquer or Excilor pen for fungal nail infections?
Dh has an infected nail and I want to know what is the best thing to buy for it.

Elibean Tue 02-Aug-11 20:02:15

Curanail worked for me with mild fingernail infection. Years ago I had a stubborn toenail infection, and nothing shifted it except prescription drugs - they worked beautifully, and I had no side effects. Did have to have regular blood tests to check they weren't affecting my liver, but it was fine.

Good luck!

pointydog Tue 02-Aug-11 20:11:54

When I onc ehad a toenail infection, I needed tablets and had to take them for about 6 months till the horrid nail grew out. They can be stubborn, those infections.

rumpleteaser Tue 02-Aug-11 20:19:30

Ah thanks. I will get curanail for dh and see how that goes and if it doesn't work I'll have to send him to the doctors.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now