Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

post natal depression and anxiety

(6 Posts)
jbrightwellx Mon 01-Aug-11 16:12:47

how can i get over depression, anxiety and this irritating feeling all the time

HarrietJones Mon 01-Aug-11 16:38:43

I wish I could!

jbrightwellx Mon 01-Aug-11 17:24:19

its horrible isnt it! are u sufferig from it?

HarrietJones Mon 01-Aug-11 18:02:03

Anxiety mainly.I get so carried away in my head.
Last night dh didn't text me back from work & I was convinced he'd fell asleep & been sacked.

Are you on any meds? I can't take them which doesn't exactly help!

Twosugarsplease Mon 01-Aug-11 20:45:22

What age is your baby now? Go and have a chat with your dr, my little one is 2 in three weeks, and I'm just dealing with mine now...been a struggle keeping it to myself, but irritability got worse, anger builds up and the tears start, not every single day, but when it comes on it's like a black miserable cloud hanging over me, I had a chat with my dh only last week after yet another ' tantrum '....I've since seen my dr and she recommended I give st johns wort a try, so, I am taking it, it's day 4' so bit early yet. The anxiety isn't nice is it ? Can be scary too, and makes you think irrationally, it helps to recognise your emotions and how your feeling at the moment, and that brings you back to reality and calms you down, hope you feel better soon x

HarrietJones Mon 01-Aug-11 20:50:45

Dd3 is 9 months but I've had it on & off since dd1. The anxiety has only been this time though

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now