Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Mucocele??

(5 Posts)
firsttimemum77 Fri 29-Jul-11 22:20:21

Hi,
My 4 year old DD has a round lump on the inside of her lip - it looks as if it is filled with blood but doesn't seem to be causing her any pain. I noticed it last week but it looked like a clear blister then and like it would just pop and go. Been so busy that I'd forgot about it and DD only mentioned today when brushing her teeth at bedtime by saying 'look what I got mummy' and showing me. It now looks like its full of blood. Having googles the description it has come back with mucocele.

Has anyone any experience of this?

Thanks

firsttimemum77 Sat 30-Jul-11 06:58:39

Anyone??

louby86 Sat 30-Jul-11 07:03:13

There was a teenage girl with one in the corner of her mouth on embarrassing bodies last week, she hadn't had it sorted as a child and it grew bigger until she became very self conscious of it as it was towards the outside of her mouth. It was removed in what appeared to be a very simple surgery and they believed that the scarring would go completely. Maybe take her to the GP and see what they advise? I was born with a very visible birthmark and my doctor wanted to monitor it for a year or so in order to decide what was best and it started to fade as I got older so dot worry about having to make any decisions straight away. Hope this helps!

firsttimemum77 Sat 30-Jul-11 09:16:35

Thank you Louby!
I've just diagnosed her via google! Need to get the GP to take a look at it. But they are closed now until Monday!

Grumpystiltskin Sat 30-Jul-11 18:31:02

Dentist may be a better option, if it is a mucocele it it easily fixed (depending on if DD can sit still for 5 min!) with a simple procedure that could be carried out by your dentist.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: