Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Early stages of a coldsore - what to do?

(5 Posts)
Marvellous Fri 29-Jul-11 14:51:15

I'm at the point where it's just a sore spot under the skin, but I can feel an eruption on the way, and I have a wedding to go to and am going on holiday in the next week. Ideas for how to stop it in its tracks, PLEASE.

sososworried Fri 29-Jul-11 16:13:25

get the zvoirax (sp?) on it now! Usually does the job nicely if you get it early enough.

redglow Fri 29-Jul-11 20:13:54

Nail varnish remover, will sting but really works.

messagetoyourudy Fri 29-Jul-11 20:59:13

Get the cold sore stuff from chemist and cross your fingers........ I had one the other week set off by sunlight and it took a good 2 weeks to go. The first one went but then another blighter popped up.

They are often triggered by sunlight or stress can you avoid these ???? smile

Henrythehappyhelicopter Fri 29-Jul-11 21:17:40

Compeed cold sore patches are excellent. They make it heal quicker, stop it spreading and hide it.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: