Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Copper Coil - Positive experiences

(6 Posts)
tryingtobemarypoppins2 Wed 27-Jul-11 16:42:36

Positive experiences anyone? I need to hear lots of nice things after the most painful fitting of one this morning!

tryingtobemarypoppins2 Wed 27-Jul-11 19:13:49

bumping

firsttimemum77 Wed 27-Jul-11 19:22:54

Hi - I had the copper coil for about 8 years and it was perfectly fine. Apart from the pain having it fitted and feeling slightly uncomfortable having it removed it was honestly no problem at all. Periods were not much heavier or painful.

Hope that helps.

springlamb Wed 27-Jul-11 19:23:30

I had a good old fashioned copper coil from the age of 19 till 27, then again from 29 to 34. I do remember that about an after the first fitting I had a dreadful faint spell. But presumably, you haven't. It could have been so painful today due to nerves, all I remember is a kind of pinging sensation which lasted a few seconds.
I didn't have heavier periods and had no issues whatsoever with it, apart from once having to return to have the strings trimmed shorter.
I would've had another at 35 but after 2 c-sections the doctors didn't recommend it so we went for a vasectomy (after they'd to sterilise me but had to give up as they couldn't find my tubes due to scar tissue).

tryingtobemarypoppins2 Wed 27-Jul-11 19:26:29

Having my babies behind the curtain didnt help my nerves!!
Lots of friends have said the Merina is better as you dont have periods??

If I did change my mind, how painful is it to remove?

firsttimemum77 Wed 27-Jul-11 20:02:35

It's uncomfortable to remove - think smear test but not painful if i remember correctly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now