Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

candida infection

(15 Posts)
DrTeri Wed 27-Jul-11 16:42:04

Hi I am pretty sure i have a yeast imbalance, and the sugar thing is killing me. Anyone been on a candida diet? to elimanate yeast. I looked it up on the web last night and got info on colonic irrigation/ drinks/ detox bla and also got info on a book for 40 US dollars -Yeast Infection No More e-book by Linda Allen ? anyone ever heard of her or even got the book?

cheers!

BecauseImWorthIt Wed 27-Jul-11 16:45:33

You know that you need to pay for advertising, don't you?

If you have candida, give up anything with sugar, yeast or vinegar in it. Stick to unprocessed meat, fish, eggs and vegetables (no potatoes). Don't drink alcohol and don't eat any carbohydrates other than those in vegetables.

Avoid fungus, so mushrooms and Quorn (blue cheese and anything with yeast.)

No smoked foods.

No fermented foods (soy, vinegar, alcohol)

No fruit.

Also avoid dairy (milk, cheese and yoghurt).

Do this for at least a week.

There.

You can send me £50 now.

DrTeri Wed 27-Jul-11 16:47:35

thanks for that. I didn't realise I was advertising??

BecauseImWorthIt Wed 27-Jul-11 17:40:19

Sorry - we get a lot of people here purporting to post as 'ordinary' posters, whilst surreptitiously advertising their wares.

Your post sounds like one of those, advertising the specific book.

And as you've never posted on MN before, that makes it even more suspicious.

If you're genuine, then all the information I've given you is true!

DrTeri Wed 27-Jul-11 18:45:56

thanks; no never posted before. I wanted to know had anyone else read the book and is it worth investing in. What the seemingly hidden message in it thats different from all the other info out there.
Have you done this diet yourself? it is very restrictive and I have a difficult time putting meals on the table at the best of times never mind including additional dietary requirements.

BecauseImWorthIt Wed 27-Jul-11 19:09:07

It is very restrictive, but that is important in terms of re-balancing the candida.

I've never seen/read the book you asked about, but I do have another one (somewhere!) about candida.

It seems very expensive though - there are lots of cheaper books, surely?

BecauseImWorthIt Wed 27-Jul-11 19:10:13

I googled 'candida diet' and this was the first one to come up

Selks Wed 27-Jul-11 19:37:03

How can you tell if you have candida imbalance?

munkymaz Wed 27-Jul-11 20:31:59

My DH suffers, he has always had 'bad guts', tired, lethargic but also a kind of skin rash. He'd been to docs and got nowhere, eventually went to a herbalist who suggested candida imbalance or 'leaky gut' as he called it.

Gave him some diet suggestions and some supplements and over a few months it improved, he no longer sticks to it religiously but can rein it in when he needs to.

No yeast is the main thing.........yeast extract is in loads of stuff as a flavour enhancer, stock cubes, tinned stuff, etc you need to read the labels but there's loads of stuff without it. No beer, but if you must have a drink then clear alcohol is ok (vodka, fine, Bacardi)

Likewise citric acid, added to loads of things like tinned tomatoes, puree, etc but again....read the labels.

Mushrooms

Anything fermented like soy sauce, vinegar, pickled stuff

DH's candida was also triggered by gluten, worth thinking about?

Supplements: caprylic acid, fresh coconut, garlic (fresh or oil capsules) and a good High dose probiotic.

The book that because googles is good as is Erica White's (google it too).

The diet is not that restrictive once you get used to it. Like I say, we did it for 3-6months to clear it up and then DH reigns it in if he feels it flaring up.

HTH

topsi Thu 28-Jul-11 08:54:37

Why would you avoid mushrooms. I think the candida thing is largely over exagerated. Take a good probiotic and eat lots of natural yogurt.

baguettecut Thu 28-Jul-11 09:00:32

After not talking about my Candida diet for ages this is my second post today! Anyway, I did Erica White's Candida diet, the book is widely available.

BecauseImWorthIt Thu 28-Jul-11 09:02:45

I take it, topsi, that you've never suffered from any of the conditions associated with candida overgrowth?

topsi Thu 28-Jul-11 18:48:37

No but I have had IBS before and am not disputing the symptoms just the diagnosis.

BecauseImWorthIt Thu 28-Jul-11 18:51:56

BTW - the reason you avoid mushrooms is because they are a fungus

DrTeri Fri 29-Jul-11 15:24:57

many thans everyone. will lok at Eirca Whites book and see.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now