Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

I though it was chicken pox, but now I'm not so sure.

(5 Posts)
Shell85 Wed 27-Jul-11 10:42:23

A few days ago I noticed a couple of spots on my four year old sons chest, over the next two days he has developed around a dozen spots over his chest, back, arms and legs.
I was sure it was chicken pox as his best friend has exactly the same thing.

But he has had no fever, sore throat or cough, he is not ill at all, the spots are the only symptom.
And they are just little red spots, some have already faided and some have crusted. They are also not at all itchy.
They have been no blisters, just little red spots.

Is is the same for his friend.

I remember how sick my sister was when we where little, and how nasty the blisters where and I don't see how this can be the same illness.

I did a quick google search and the only thing I found was flea bites, but nether us or my friend have pets, so I don't see how both boys could have flea bites.

I am confused. Any advice would be appreciated.

qwerky Wed 27-Jul-11 13:13:26

I had chicken pox with only 1 spot shock that was confirmed by the doctor.
The only other symptom I had was being very tired.

He may be lucky to have had it mildly smile.

AmyStake Thu 28-Jul-11 23:46:29

Sounds a little bit like Molluscum contagiosum maybe?

mycatsaysach Thu 28-Jul-11 23:56:45

ds had it v mild like this

thisisyesterday Thu 28-Jul-11 23:59:27

chicken pox would have blisters. so if there were no blisters then i'd say it's not the pox.... bt then you say some have crusted over?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now