Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

TMI warning! Advice needed!

(6 Posts)
cannottthinkofaname Wed 27-Jul-11 07:26:42

Hi, I've name changed as really embarrassed about this...
I had a baby 8 weeks ago, came on an exceptionally heavy, painful period 5 weeks ago which hasn't stopped. Doctor put me on co-amoxiclav for a uterine infection but bleeding still heavy...
Anyway, this morning I was sat on the toilet and felt something in my vagina, like a tampon ready to fall out iykwim...from there passed a large round mass of something. I threw it down the toilet and questioned whether it had come from there...but I know it did! Got post natal check this morning anyway but wondered if anybody had a clue what this could be?? It's not something I've ever heard of!

cannottthinkofaname Wed 27-Jul-11 08:11:55

Bump

Vajazzler Wed 27-Jul-11 08:28:58

It was probably a piece of retained placenta or a large blood clot.

cannottthinkofaname Wed 27-Jul-11 09:30:29

Thanks for replying. Sat in doctors now so I'm hoping she can shed some light. It defo wasn't a clot...they said my placenta was complete so could any still be retained??

Marne Wed 27-Jul-11 09:37:39

Sounds like a clot or placenta, sounds normal after a infection, if any placenta was left in it would have caused an infection, atibiotics would have helped clear it (making you pass it). I can remember after having dd2 (the next day), i was talking to a dad in the family room when i felt something drop out of me, so i had to say politley to the man that i must go now grin, rushed to the loo where i descovered i had passed a huge clot, the midwife soon calmed me down and said it was normal smile.

qwerky Wed 27-Jul-11 13:06:19

It could be a clot .... they can actually be quite flesh like blush.
I was admonished by my MW for not keeping mine shock.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: