Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Ovary Problems

(3 Posts)
NikkiSix Tue 26-Jul-11 22:54:22

Been having sharp "shooting" pains around my right ovary for months, it's just inside where the hip bone curves around. It comes on very suddenly and then goes off again just as quick. It's been terrible lately which is why I finally went to doctors. He felt around my stomach and said there is definate tenderness around my right ovary and a little on the left too. He's sending me for an ultrascan.

Other symptoms include pain during sex, constantly feeling "full" even when eating small amounts and lately a lot of nausea.

Definately not pregnant.

Any ideas? I'm a bit scared.

michelleseashell Wed 27-Jul-11 05:09:43

I had a cyst on my ovary and it felt like what you're describing so possibly could be that. If it is, then they can happen randomly to anyone. When an egg is released, it forms a little cyst that bursts to release it. Sometimes the cyst doesn't burst and gets bigger and bigger. I had to have a very quick operation to remove mine but it was monitored for about two months first because they typically just go away on their own but mine didn't and I found it uncomfortable.

It only took an hour to do and I was out of hospital the next morning. Don't panic too much.

AttilaTheMeerkat Wed 27-Jul-11 07:51:34

It may be a cyst but equally it may be endometriosis (deep pain during sex can be one of its symptoms).

If nothing is detected on the ultrasound scan (endometriosis as well is not detected on ultrasound) I would ask for a referral to a gynae in any event. Your GP should be referring you to such a person. Something is causing this and it is certainly in your interests to find out what it is. Do not be fobbed off.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now