Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

why am I bleeding?

(2 Posts)
Moulesfrites Tue 26-Jul-11 20:04:44

I had ds 6 months ago. 11 weeks after birth I had contraceptive implant fitted. A couple of weeks later I had some light bleeding which I just assumed was a reaction to the implant, it stopped after a week or so.

Am ebf-ing ds. We started him on solids about 3 weeks ago and he has cut his daytime feeds down from 5 to 4, but still feeds twice on average through the night.

Last night dh and I had sex.

This morning I woke up and am bleeding again. Light and mucousy (sorry).

Could this be a period, a reaction to the weaning or (more worryingly) a consequence of having sex? Should I be worried? My GP said to make an appt a few months in to review how the implant was going, so will ring up tomorrow, but am getting myself all concerned.

Franca1 Wed 27-Jul-11 12:57:43

Am assuming the implant you are talking about is Coil. Now i know that until it gets used to your body you may bleed. Not the same for everyone though. You might be better off checking with your GP a bit sooner than later.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now