Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Pelvic Inflammatory Disease?

(3 Posts)
hellhasnofury Tue 26-Jul-11 18:37:30

DD (21) told me she had a problem today then promptly burst into tears.

She's been having irregular bleeding, with unusual pain for a few months now but has said nothing to anyone and scared herself rigid last night by googling her symptoms, it came up with cervical cancer. Luckily the rational side of her knows it's highly unlikely but she's booked into the GPs for Thursday but in the meantime I am worried sick. She did wonder if it was PID but I've had a look at the symptoms and although they fit she has been on a long term dose of doxycycline for another suspected (chest) infection. Is PID likely to have become immune to this?

TheOriginalFAB Tue 26-Jul-11 21:14:25

I don't know but I had PID many years ago, didn't take the full course of antibiotics and I have been able to have children. I also have lots of symptoms of cervical cancer so understand the worry. Can you go with your DD to the doctor? I hope she is okay.

Tsil Tue 26-Jul-11 21:18:22

Is it possibly an STI iirc then chlamydia symptoms can be similar to PID ie irregular bleeding and abdominal pain. STI's don't respond to all AB's think just specific ones but I maybe wrong about that.

I feel for her, the worry is horrible.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now