Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Denplan- anyone know?

(3 Posts)
Putthatbookdown Mon 25-Jul-11 19:11:42

Is it just a way of paying monthly rather than paying it in one large sum ?
Or is it private? Confused

sandripples Mon 25-Jul-11 21:38:07

We have Denplan for the DCs - it just spreads the cost of the treatment and in our case yes its with a private dentist as she no longer works for the NHS at all. I guess it could also be used for treatment above what the NHS would cover at an NHS dentist, IYSWIM.

I think it provides a bit of insurance for overseas as well but have never really looked into that aspect.

thejoanwilder Tue 26-Jul-11 02:37:32

As I understood it, it is private dental insurance, but your policy is with one practice/ dentist.
It covers everything bar lab work/ cosmetic (maybe a couple of other things). So when I had a filling, I didn't pay anything at the dentist- walked in, got the treatment, and walked out. I could also get white fillings on it. However, had I needed a crown, a certain portion of it would have been paid, but I would have needed to pay for the lab fees.
I found it saved me quite a bit. I grind my teeth, so in one year, I had a tooth repaired a few times and eventually taken out because I kept cracking it. All through that I only paid the monthly fee.
Also covers check ups and hygienist appointments.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now