Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

high temp and hallucinations

(3 Posts)
NinjaChipmunk Mon 25-Jul-11 08:31:38

My ds is 3.9. At 12.30 last night he woke me up asking if i could see the monster in his room. I took his temp and it was 39.7 and then gave him some calpol and spent the night in there with him. He was hallucinating quite a lot until the calpol kicked in (not the first time this has happened) and he dropped back to sleep about 2ish. He woke at about 5.30 and his temp had gone back up and he was just on the cusp of seeing things again but a bit more calpol and he fell asleep again which is where he is now.
I just wanted to know if there is anything else I can do for him? He doesn't hurt anywhere, he has no rashes, I made sure he has drinks of water whenever he's awake and obviously have given calpol and kept him cool but not cold. Have I missed anything? I hate seeing him like this sad

addictediam Mon 25-Jul-11 08:46:29

Maybe a call or trip to the dr just to make sure he doesnt have some sort of infection?

Sorry, not much help really

NinjaChipmunk Mon 25-Jul-11 10:17:06

phoned docs and they have asked to see him. Still has a temp but not as high. Poor sausage.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now