Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

broken leg with 7 month old

(3 Posts)
sjmoerm Sun 24-Jul-11 16:33:41

Hi. Im new to this. I broke my ankle 3 days ago and am going to be in a cast for at least 4 weeks. So far it is proving a nightmare. I have a 7 month old very bouncy ds. Any advice. Any ideas when i will be able to at least hobble?

Beccatheboo Sun 31-Jul-11 22:44:00

Just wanted to send my sympathy. I broke my ankle (Weber B, fibula fracture) just over 6 weeks ago. Cast came off on Thursday. Now in air boot and am supposed to be able to wean myself off in a couple of weeks. However, can't even take a step as the pain in my heal is so excruciating! Still rely on my crutches. Can't believe how I have got so used to them - my upper body strength was nil!

I have 2 children, 5 years and 2 years. If I'm completely honest it's been a nightmare but good friends and family have rallied around with school pickups, washing, occasional trips out to alleviate boredom. Take all offers of help! Have you bought a Limbo yet for bathing (cover for cast)? Little hostess trolley has been a great help for wheeling food and drinks around.

Good luck and chin up. :-)

sjmoerm Mon 01-Aug-11 20:19:53

Hi becca. Thanks for reply and sympathy. Ive been in cast for 2 weeks now still three to go. Then the delights of the airboot. Had hoped that would mean mobility but given your comments perhaps not! baby is now crawling and desperately trying to walk so it id heartbreaking to not be able to assist. He keeps looking at me quizically.

Did finally get my paws on a limbo after a somewhat disasterous showrring experience. Im surprised the other leg isnt broken!
Oh well its only a couple more months

Hope you start to feel better soon and the pain eases a little.

Take care.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now