Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Is this thrush? Pharmacist was soooo busy I couldn't ask & although I've had it before....

(7 Posts)
happilymarried Sat 23-Jul-11 17:51:12

This time the discharge is pale pink. Still small lumps of yuck, just pink as well as white. I'm confused!

Slight swelling, not itching but a tingling just as though it's reminding me that it's there.

I did buy a pessary, cream & tablet but now don't know whether to take administer them or not.

Advice welcome. Thankyou.

Sidge Sat 23-Jul-11 17:54:38

It could be, you could use the treatment and if it's no better by Monday then see someone for a swab just to be sure.

Not all women get a thick white dicharge with thrush, some get a pink discharge and some get none.

ameliagrey Sat 23-Jul-11 18:08:10

Pale pink suggests blood. Are you mid cycle or anything?

I think I'd take the tablet but not use the others in case it's something else and it irritates your skin.

If the tablet doesn't work in a week see your GP.

happilymarried Sat 23-Jul-11 18:14:51

I've not had it pale pink before which is why I'm concerned. I didn't find a website that says it may be this colour either.

But then the texture is as I experienced it before....hence my confusion.

Oh dear! Thankyou to you both. I will have a think.

ameliagrey Sat 23-Jul-11 19:56:20

Thrush does not = pink discharge. could it be early period? cervical erosion? lost of reasons for slight blood loss. Ovulation?

happilymarried Sun 24-Jul-11 11:26:41

I'll ring the GP tomorrow. Period ended a week ago. Thankyou.

ameliagrey Sun 24-Jul-11 19:30:40

hope you get on okay-report back?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now