Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

HELP! (warning tmi and gross :( )

(13 Posts)
sickandfedup Fri 22-Jul-11 21:14:50

Im a regular but have changed!
I had the merina coil took out 9 days ago, im still bleeding. Spoke to gp this morning and she wants to see me on Monday if it hasn't stopped.

Since that call I have started to pass clots (tmi), I have just been to the loo and when I wiped a huge clot is sort of stuck in me. Really tmi I know.
Its really sticky, deep red and is still half in half out and was hanging out of me. (sorry)

Im worried. Should I be? Should I phone out of hours?

TIA

( oh the shame)

Hassled Fri 22-Jul-11 21:16:48

I don't know if you should be worried, but the fact is you are worried - so phone out of hours and see what they say.

And stop with the shame thing. You didn't do it on purpose, did you grin?

notbestpleased Fri 22-Jul-11 21:18:17

Have you got abdominal cramps?, if so I would ring out of hours

EscapedFromAzkaban Fri 22-Jul-11 21:20:30

Yes, call out of hours, better to be safe etc etc

KatyMac Fri 22-Jul-11 21:20:58

& if they tell you to go to the walk-in just put a pad on (don't pull anything)

sickandfedup Fri 22-Jul-11 21:21:41

I had cramps yesterday and this morning but they have settled down.

amistillsexy Fri 22-Jul-11 21:22:26

No advice but I remember having a clot after having my first DS. I went all dizzy and hot, then passed the clot and immediately felt better. The relief was incredible!
Are you feeling ill at all? temperature? I think this would be the deciding factor for me.
Have you managed to get the clot out at all? Can you 'bear down' and push it out?

whomovedmychocolate Fri 22-Jul-11 21:22:52

How large is the clot? You probably do need to go in to be seen. You could try bearing down and seeing if it will pass out on it's own.

sickandfedup Fri 22-Jul-11 21:26:59

The first one was about the size of a 10p and was sort of surrounded by stretchy sticky blood.
This time the stretchy blood is coming out and wont wipe away iyswim, so Im assuming the clot is attatched to it?

whomovedmychocolate Fri 22-Jul-11 21:34:38

Unlikely. When you have a Mirena coil in the womb lining does get very thick and viscous. When it comes out it can appear that you are passing sort of red PVA type stuff which has little or big clots in. I would suggest you get some nefamic or tranxemic acid which can reduce the bleed but it needs to come out. If you are not in pain and not losing enough blood to make you dizzy, rest and take painkillers (ibuprofen can help best).

The stretchy blood is what I have for a few days a month at the start of my period - for some women that's normal. It's horrible because you sit on the loo and watch it just continually coming out. But it's not harmful. smile

sickandfedup Fri 22-Jul-11 21:45:27

Thank you all smile
I phoned out of hours, they said to remove the clot and then the bleeding will taper off. If it doesn't by Monday or I get a temp or go dizzy to phone back.
Thanks again smile

thisisyesterday Fri 22-Jul-11 21:53:00

are you feeling any better now?

pseudonomic Sat 23-Jul-11 01:44:44

Try a warm (longish) bath - I know it's grim but you can shower afterwards and it may help it all come out if you relax.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now