Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Constant Nausea/loss of appetite

(2 Posts)
AngryChair Fri 22-Jul-11 20:52:07

I'm really hoping someone can offer some words of advice on this.

For the past week or so I've had zero appetite. I'm trying to eat my 3 meals a day but I feel so sick and bloated after even the smallest meals it's putting me off eating at all.

Yesterday for instance I had a bowl of porridge oats for breakfast and felt full and bloated after I'd eaten it. Therefore I didn't eat anything else until lunch time when I had a fried egg sandwich (just one egg in two slices of bread) and after that I felt sick, bloated and lethargic. Didn't eat anything else until dinner time when I forced myself to eat a chicken escalope with a few beans. I didn't even manage to finish that before I felt that I'd eaten a 5 course meal - I felt sick and awfully bloated.

I'm a reknown chocoholic and someone bought me a little box 3 days ago and I can only eat 2 at the most before I feel like I want to throw up.

What could be causing this??

ILoveUMama Sat 23-Jul-11 08:07:11

Well you could either be pregnant and experiencing morning sickness during the day or you could be having some other medical problem. I have to stay on a strict diet eliminating any fatty greasy foods because they cause me to not want to eat and when I did eat I'd have sever abdominal pain and vomiting. It is caused by my gall bladder not opperating the way it needs to to handle those types of foods. You can get medicine or go through surgery, to help with some problems some just require a change of diet. I would make sure to check with your doctor to find out what is going on for sure. Don't wait too long because it could be something serious if it came on all of a sudden.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now