Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Lower back cramping after cyst removal

(4 Posts)
rosepicture Thu 21-Jul-11 21:17:46

Anyone with experience of laparoscopies??

Had a cyst removed 2 weeks ago via a laparoscopy - was on my right ovary. Yesterday and today I've been having on/off cramping in my right lower back - feels like period pains but just on the one side. Haven't had a period since DS1 was conceived - he's 13m and BF. Not seeing my consultant for a follow-up appointment until next week.

The cramps are at the back and my cyst was at the front (if that makes sense!). Everything else was fine in there- they checked it all out. Been having quite loose bowels too (something I always used to get before a period).

Any idea if the cramps are related to the surgery? Is this normal?

Footle Fri 22-Jul-11 19:18:35

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

orangeflutie Fri 22-Jul-11 19:56:15

I had a cyst removed from my left ovary, laparoscopically at the beginning of June and am finding I'm still getting some pain on that side and a bit of cramping.

I think as you had yours removed only two weeks ago, your back pain is almost certainly caused by the surgery. Often pain in the pelvis area is referred as back pain and vice versa.

rosepicture Sun 24-Jul-11 20:47:10

Lovely (well it's not, but reassuring to know it's related rather than something else (not sure I could cope with yet another thing....!)). Thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now