Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Googled something and now I've freaked myself out... reassure me!

(8 Posts)
ElfOnTheTopShelf Thu 21-Jul-11 19:09:45

Bloody googling!
I woke up on Monday with a really sore neck, thought I'd slept in a funny position. Been looking after my two children (including 8 week old baby) none stop, so no resting of dodgy neck.
Neck pain has continued from then. I still have the neck pain, pain in both wrists, pain in my right shoulder blade, and pain in the centre of my chest, sort of where the ribs meet, right in between my boobs. The pain isn't constant, more when I move.
Google tries to tell me I am having a heart attack! I feel fine - reassure me!

Elibean Thu 21-Jul-11 19:25:28

Go and see an osteopath and stop googling smile

I get neck pain (especially bad when dds were small) and it does horrid things to arms, chest, back and shoulder blades. Google can help me think its heart attacks, pancreatic cancer, MS, or just about anything else if I let it!

ElfOnTheTopShelf Thu 21-Jul-11 19:31:08

grin
DH is adament I have pulled a muscle. Just wish the pain would go away, but doubt it will be a fast thing lugging around a chubby eight week old!

runningmonkey Thu 21-Jul-11 19:35:54

Elf I get this from time to time too - my arm goes a bit numb too. It's one of the deep muscles in the neck/shoulder I think but it sometimes go down to the bottom of my shoulder blades where my bra strap sits. Something warm on it really helps - not too hot though and get your dh to give your shoulders a good massage!

ElfOnTheTopShelf Thu 21-Jul-11 19:39:10

I will get DH onto it when he gets home, he isn't back until about 9:30 tonight.
Am slightly more reassured now!

Clara35 Thu 21-Jul-11 21:31:53

Are you breastfeeding by any chance? My neck used to be sore from sitting in a bad position when feeding. Just a thought as you mentioned you had 8 week old baby. My pain was at neck & shoulders & upper back but came round into my right breast area. A nice hot bath might help.

Elibean Thu 21-Jul-11 21:33:00

No, probably won't be a fast thing! Do get dh to massage it, also wrapped up hot water bottle in bed, or deep heat might help. Make sure your neck is well supported in bed, too.

You probably need to let dh lug that lovely 8 week old around all weekend, too smile

ElfOnTheTopShelf Fri 22-Jul-11 10:24:53

Yes, I am breastfeeding, and at the moment, have taken to lying down for a feed where i can rather than straining my neck/shoulders. Ouch, don't remember such neck pain with DD!
I will get DH to carry DS over the weekend, and when both children are asleep tonight I'll take a long soak.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now