Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Help. Panicking a bit. Underarm/breast pain. Trying not to google.

(4 Posts)
suiledonne Thu 21-Jul-11 10:06:56

When I woke up yesterday I felt sore between my arm pit and breast. It hurt when I raised my arm so I thought maybe I pulled a muscle or slept awkwardly. I have a 2 year old and a 5 year old so could have hurt it lifting one of them or playing or reaching in to fasten seatbelts. I thought I would wake up this morning and feel fine but no.

This morning my armpit is really tender to touch and it still hurts when I raise my arm. Breast on that side feels a bit tender.

I'm breastfeeding dd2 and feed her ying down in bed. Could this be a cause.

I have a doctor's appointment next week. Should I wait til then or try to be seen?

Alarm bells are ringing a bit.

suiledonne Thu 21-Jul-11 10:10:32

Meant to add I have felt around and don't feel any lumps.

suiledonne Thu 21-Jul-11 10:14:02

Going to post in Breast feeding topic too.

dingdongmrs Thu 21-Jul-11 10:19:27

It is very likely you have pulled something. Just to let you know if you are worrying about anything like breast cancer there is very rarely any pain with cancer so id rule that out and not worry about it.

the way you have been lying down to feed could be very much the problem, maybe for the next few days try finding a different position and see if it feels any better after a few days.

have you checked for little lumps under your armpit? you could be a little run down and if you are the glands in your armpit can inflamed and swell a little and it will make the skin all around that area tender.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now