Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Any ideas what this could be?

(2 Posts)
flibbertigibbert Wed 20-Jul-11 17:55:13

For the past couple of months I've woken up feeling 'hungover' - headache, groggy, a bit shaky and very dehydrated. In this time I haven't drunk more than 2 glasses of wine a week so it can't be that.

In the last month I've felt exhausted despite good sleep habits. I've also felt dizzy and lightheaded and 'drunk' at times - as though the room is spinning, and had mild headaches frequently. I've also had trouble concentrating.

I drink 2 litres of water a day, so doubt its dehydration. I'm a bit worried it could be diabetes as I have a family history and am a couple of stones overweight. I also have PCOS.

I'm seeing a doctor on Friday but I'm worried I'll get fobbed off as i'm quite shy. I can't go on like this - I'm so unproductive at work as I can't concentrate, and I'm fed up of feeling rubbish.

Any suggestions what it could be, or what tests I should ask the doctor for?

Popbiscuit Wed 20-Jul-11 17:57:47

Do mention your concerns about diabetes...I'm sure you know that diabetes/insulin resistance is very strongly linked to Polycystic ovaries. Hope you feel better soon. X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now