We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Cold minty feeling in mouth

(3 Posts)
doradoo Wed 20-Jul-11 14:09:28

Anyone ever come across this.......?

I have had on and off for a couple of weeks now a what can only be described as a 'minty fresh' type feeling in my mouth - as if I've been chewing gum (which I don't) or have just brushed my teeth. Nothing seems to make it go away - but it does so itself after a while....then will come back again. I don't know what seems to be causing it or what it might be.

I've googled (of course) and suggests it may be reflux related - not sure if I'd expect any other symptoms but don't seem to have anything bar the cold mouth.

Has anybody else had this? I live overseas and don't have a GP yet (and prob couldn't explain it well in the language too...) so was just wondering if I ought to do something about it or if it's likely to be irritating but not serious.

MackerelOfFact Wed 20-Jul-11 17:09:57

Have you started using a moutwash with chlorhexidine in it? I started using Corsodyl recently and found I had a minty/numb feeling in my mouth for a couple of days afterwards. Might not be that, but thought I'd check!

doradoo Wed 20-Jul-11 17:45:44

No - haven't started anything new / changed toothpaste or anything to account for the mintyness which is why it's a bit odd!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now