Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

I have an exploding bum and possibly a Uti, help!

(13 Posts)
ClaimedByMe Wed 20-Jul-11 10:50:38

i dont know what to do other than -- cry-- since i got up this morning ive been to the loo numerous times, who knew the bowel can hold so much??. I also seem to have symptoms of a uti, im on my own with 2 kids all day, there is no way i can be away from my bathroom for any length of time so cant get to drs although they prob wont have any appointments left!

What can i do ??? Even to help me through till tomorrow!

Marne Wed 20-Jul-11 11:12:57

Could you get someone to pop a wee sample into the gp for you?

Does sound like a UTI sad.

ClaimedByMe Wed 20-Jul-11 11:20:18

Typically my parents and pil are away on hols, my sis is working, i would normally rely on my aunty as theyonly live a few doors away but there has been a huge family fall out, i have text dp but hes in a meeting 2 hours away!

Gwad that makes me sound pathetic <sobs>

Marne Wed 20-Jul-11 11:24:05

sad, doesn't make you sound pathetic (i'm often in the same situation), how far away is the GP's, could you bung the kids in the car (if you have one) and drop a sample off? You need antibiotics, theres not much else you can do other than take pain killers and spen the day on the toilet. Make sure you drink plenty and try and put your feet up.

MayorNaze Wed 20-Jul-11 11:27:13

ring the surgery and speak to a nurse. they will be able to advise you

also drink lots

ClaimedByMe Wed 20-Jul-11 11:27:23

Thanks! I cant drive, sadly! My old gps just used to give me them over the phone but i dont think this gps will, they dont seem to be answering thier phones anyway! I will stick with pain killers and water, thanks.

MayorNaze Wed 20-Jul-11 11:28:43

do you have any immodium? i had a bad diarrohea bug and awful kidney pain as water was going straight through my stomach and out again as oppose to down all the tubes that it should do. once the squits stopped, so did the kidney pain.

hth

ClaimedByMe Wed 20-Jul-11 11:45:22

Ahh, i think i do have immodium as i got some for going on hols! On a positive note ive not been to the loo for ove half an hour, i just feel weak and shaky now!

MayorNaze Wed 20-Jul-11 11:49:19

take the immodium

sip weak squash

rest smile

ClaimedByMe Wed 20-Jul-11 12:12:30

Thanks im on the sofa with my snuggie and plan to not move much!

Just spoke to my sister and her hubby had the runs yest and we were all together on sunday so no doubt a bug im sure the dc will also get!

ClaimedByMe Thu 21-Jul-11 14:00:57

Well am still on the drinking lots and pain killers and going to for a wee is more painful than childbirth but due to a flooded kitchen im stuck in waiting for a plumber!

MayorNaze Thu 21-Jul-11 14:49:13

get the plumber to bring you some cranberry juice!

sorry to hear you're not much better

ClaimedByMe Fri 22-Jul-11 08:29:33

Waiting on nurse phoning me back, cross everything she can sort me out a script over the phone as i am proper ill today!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now