Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

More or less constant pain deep in calf muscle

(5 Posts)
bibbitybobbityhat Tue 19-Jul-11 22:32:52

Got to go to the docs haven't I? sad

MaryMotherOfCheeses Tue 19-Jul-11 22:38:23

Yup.

Any other symptoms?

Casmama Tue 19-Jul-11 22:38:28

Fraid so, I had this a few years ago and did nothing about it until I had groin pain and swelling. It turned out I had a massive clot that had moved from my calf to my groin and was lucky that none had broken off and gone to my lung. They will probably do a d-dimer test ie a blood test. If I recall negative means no clot and positive means there maybe but may not be. Next an ultrasound to look at blood flow through the area and try to spot the clot. Then if they find one they would give heparin injection to break it up and may have you on warfarin for a few months afterwards. Bit of a pain but better than the alternative.
I hope it is just muscular but you have to get it checked out. Good luck

Jemma1111 Tue 19-Jul-11 22:39:15

Yes you should go, however if your legs hot and red then I would go to a&e just to be safe, I'm sure you'll be ok though

bibbitybobbityhat Tue 19-Jul-11 22:40:33

Thanks, I know deep down that its the sort of thing you need to get checked out.

Right, will make sure I do my legs in the morning. No other symptoms - thankfully.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now