Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

What the hell is happening with my periods??!!!

(3 Posts)
AngryFeet Tue 19-Jul-11 20:59:23

I used to be a 28 day cycle girl every month without fail. In the last year my cycle I has gone:-

22 days
28 days
26 days
22 days
24 days
26 days
28 days
16 days
26 days
25 days
16 days

The 3 week ones were a bit annoying but the recent 2 week ones are a bit worrying. Is this very abnormal? I am 32 so doubt I am peri menopausal.

AngryFeet Tue 19-Jul-11 21:44:03

No one? sad

cherryboomboom Wed 20-Jul-11 11:55:59

disclaimer I am not medical or work remotely in this area and hopefully someone that is may be able to advice better than me

My periods have changed in the last few years too except I have been 4 weeks, then 6 weeks. Anyway, when I spoke to the Dr about this they said they would only want to see me if I was bleeding in between not if I was going over. So going by this conversation with my GP I would say go and speak to your GP, even if you speak to them over the phone. At least it will put your mind at rest.

I also don't know if this makes any difference but the 2 week ones, are they actual periods or is it just abit of bleeding inbetween? Do you bleed when having sex (sorry if this is too personal!) and when did you have your last child? This info may help someone else advise on here, but I would speak to your GP. Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now