Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Tiredness due to unhealthy eating?

(3 Posts)
BuggerAllTheBestNamesAreTaken Tue 19-Jul-11 15:06:31

For a long time now I have been feeling very tired during the day and often have a sleep in the afternoons, I have no energy to go out and everything is an effort. I'm pretty certain I'm not depressed.

I admit I don't eat very healthily and am overweight by about 3 stone.

Has anyone found that losing weight and eating better has cured tiredness?

everlong Tue 19-Jul-11 15:14:35

Whenever I feel like I'm not eating healthy enough, I generally try and improve on everything else too ie drinking more water, exercise, cut down on sugar etc etc and then I do start to feel better. Not sure whether it's mind over matter, but I would like to believe it's not.

I find that as soon as I cut out the exercise that I start to feel tired and then fuzzy ( like I do now actually )

I'm sure if you try and eat better and start exercising you will feel better. It's worth a try.

RoadArt Tue 19-Jul-11 19:24:36

if you know you are not eating healthily then you need to sort this out now. Junk food, pre prepared meals, etc., contain so many harmful ingredients that will contribute to you always being tired.

However, being tired is also a health issue and needs to be checked, so I would strongly recommend you have a chat to your doctor, and ask for lots of blood tests that can check everything is ok. (hb, liver, kidneys, thyroid, etc), blood pressure, cholesteral, etc. etc. This will also then be a starting point so that if/when you loose weight there are records of before and after

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now