Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

anyone got burning mouth/tounge syndrome ?

(8 Posts)
hardshipuntold Tue 19-Jul-11 12:56:48

im starting to think its what i have i will upload a photo onto my profile so you can see what my tounge looks like
have been to the gp he said possibly a virus 6 days now its been like this
tounge started tingling ,then burning ,so now there are patches and then it went to the inisde of my lips and now right to the very back of my tounge

hardshipuntold Tue 19-Jul-11 13:17:53

photo should be there now

hardshipuntold Tue 19-Jul-11 13:46:57

bump

curlyLJ Tue 19-Jul-11 20:15:00

Hi I have a similar thread on the go as I too have a horrible burning tongue, I however have ulcers at the sides that feel like I am chewing glass or needles - do you have these or is it just your tongue (can't seem to view your profile to see the pic)

I did read something whilst I was googling/on various forums that there is something called Gepgraphic Tongue which sounds like what you are describing. I don't think I have this as I don't have patches - mine just feels like I have burnt my mouth drinking a hot drink.

Hope you find out what it is. I have every sympathy as I know how awful it feels...

curlyLJ Tue 19-Jul-11 20:16:13

sorry that should say Geographic Tongue blush

hardshipuntold Tue 19-Jul-11 22:04:03

think its there now - can you see it ?

curlyLJ Tue 19-Jul-11 23:01:46

Yep, have seen it now. Looks painful - but doesn't really look the same as mine... Hmm, sorry I can't help - did you google Geographic tongue to see if it fits your symptoms?

let me know if you find out what it is...

hardshipuntold Wed 20-Jul-11 02:38:42

googled imaged this and yes it does seem like you got it right
many thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now