Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Has anyone tried the Dukan Diet?

(4 Posts)
secretsquirrel1 Tue 19-Jul-11 11:45:48

That's it, really........it looks good and I'm wondering if anyone has actually done it.

I have 4 stones to lose.

Thank you

Davidsmom Tue 19-Jul-11 12:34:57

Hi,

I am on it at the moment and lost 1 stone 4lb in 5 weeks (about 2 stones in total to lose). Its great in that I have lost the weight but it took 3 weeks of feeling very tired and have had 2 lots of 5 days of no weight loss despite sticking to it religiously. This was very disheartening but both times I increased the excersise bit for a while and lost a couple of pounds the next few days.

The attack phase was Ok but after 5 days of meat and non fat dairy products you never want to look at meat again....

At one point I was so exhausted I didnt even have the energy to read the recipeis to make things "exciting". However I had made an impulsive decision to start it and didnt really read the book properly. Once I did and found you can eat things like fat free fruit yoghurts things looked up!

Had not dieted for about 20 years but the usual eat less and excercise more wasnt working. Now weigh less than have for about 7 years so very pleased.

Overall would recommend it even if a bit negative above.

Apologies for spelling just wanted to reply.

Best of luck.

secretsquirrel1 Tue 19-Jul-11 13:19:13

Thank you, Davidsmum. I read Jenni Murray's account of being on it and thought, aha, it's the one for me!

I have a week's AL (without my daughter) coming up so thought if I wasn't at work I'd be able to go for it....

I have read the book, and will re-read it again in preparation grin

I have found that the eat less, exercise more thing not working for me. I swim but even that isn't working.........I have come to the conclusion that it's due to my age/hormones rah rah rah!

tiredemma Tue 19-Jul-11 13:21:47

I attempted it but it was far too 'radical' for me- so I did the south beach diet instead. Ive lost just over a stone.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now