Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Headache, bloating and burping....

(4 Posts)
blabalalalablabla Mon 18-Jul-11 21:30:24

I've had a killer headache for the last seven days and have only just made the connection that it may be a migraine.

Other symptoms also include feeling really bloated, burping like crazy, nausea and have gone off food.

I thought I was getting a cold as I had a cough but have now realised that it is my asthma coming back as I can definitely feel a shortness of breath - I have a blue inhaler (can't remember what type) which I'm needing to take every couple of hours in the evening.

So, is this a migraine? I rarely get ill so am rubbish at self diagnosis.
DH says I should go to the doc, but tbh I'm not sure what they'd say?

Have been taking paracetamol but it doesn't seem to be making a difference - i don't want to take ibuprofen as I'm worried about it making my asthma worse. Do any of the migraine medicines actually work?

brainhurtsandconfused Mon 18-Jul-11 21:40:45

I would definitely go to the docs just to rule out a chest infection. I know that I always get a banging headache feel sick etc when I've had one.

blabalalalablabla Tue 19-Jul-11 09:34:12

thanks brain
ended up having to send dh out for migraleve - felt bloody awful last night.
seems to have stopped the burping and pressure has gone slightly in the head - am about to go back to bed for the rest of the day.
breathing is fine this morning - seems worse in the evening although I think that is linked to higher pollen levels in the evening...

mumof4teens Tue 19-Jul-11 23:56:46

Are you constipated?
Once I realised this relationship between my migraine headaches & constipation (although I thought I was regular) I am a new person!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now