Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Period after endometrial ablation

(10 Posts)
bargainhuntingbetty Mon 18-Jul-11 16:13:58

Got procedure done 5 weeks ago. Got PMT symptoms 2.5 weeks ago and have started bleeding today. Seriously painful. Is this right>> I thought it all stopped????

bargainhuntingbetty Mon 18-Jul-11 16:17:32

Hoping someone can help??

bargainhuntingbetty Mon 18-Jul-11 16:54:51

No one???

twoshineyshoesahhaeyetoeye Mon 18-Jul-11 19:54:12

Is your period just painful or have you pains and significant bleeding? I had the procedure done and whilst my bleeding has reduced to very little for 1-2 days the pain is really quite severe and like no pain I ever had before the procedure. Hth

herbietea Mon 18-Jul-11 22:06:57

Message withdrawn

orangeflutie Tue 19-Jul-11 12:43:16

I had endometrial ablation done in April last year but still have periods. They are lighter and shorter now and I tend to get pains on the first two days. For me this is much better than before treatment when I used to have heavy bleeding sometimes lasting two weeks.

bargainhuntingbetty Tue 19-Jul-11 16:17:19

I am having some bleeding (mostly clots etc TMI). The pain is unbeleivable and seems to be only in my ovary areas (which is exactly where the pain was after my procedure). I never had pain there before, its so bad that I actually considered taking myself to a&e this morning. I had bad pain before but never like that. I was sooooo hoping to have nothing for a very long time after the ablation.

orangeflutie Tue 19-Jul-11 16:51:48

Poor yousad That does sound a bit unusual. As it's only 5 weeks ago I would contact the hospital where you had it done or speak to your doctor for more advice.

It might be that you have endometriosis. When I had my ablation done the surgeon performed a laparoscopy at the same time. I'd had heavy bleeding with clots beforehand and the clots were caused by endometriosis.

bargainhuntingbetty Tue 19-Jul-11 16:57:48

They did a laparoscpoy thing and said there was no physical cause for the periods I had been having, they said it was purely hormonal. Ovary are terribly terribly sore today and yesterday tho and as I say it was the same after the procedure.

kath111 Wed 03-Aug-11 22:10:05

I had an ablation in November 10 and have been experiencing progressively worse pain when i have a period.It lasts for about 4 days and is much worse than any period pain- totally debillitating.I didnt have pain before just very haevy periods.Ive been being investigated for IBS because of associated bowel probs but now think that it is entirely uterine. I went to my GP today who is unconvinced but says she will investigate.There are American and Australian blogs about a post endometrial ablation syndrome.Gotta wait for next month and see what happens.BHB i know what you mean. I was also contemplating A/E last month

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now