Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Painful lumps

(5 Posts)
suzy75 Sat 16-Jul-11 21:00:38

Can anyone advise me - about a week ago I started to feel small pea size lumps in my right arm pit, and they really ache and are painful to touch. Today I've got them in my left armpit and again they are really painful.

Generally I feel well, I am however very stressed with the prospect of moving home next week. Can stress cause this. They are odd and I've never had them before.

NonnoMum Sat 16-Jul-11 21:04:45

Not sure - poor you - moving is sooo stressful. Go and see your GP on Monday.

ameliameerkat Sun 17-Jul-11 12:00:07

Are you running a fever or anything? They might be swollen glands? Are the glands in your neck up as well? Might be worth a quick trip to your GP to check.

Elibean Sun 17-Jul-11 12:05:11

Lymph nodes - I've never had them go up from stress, but if you are stressed you are probably more susceptible to infections. I would go to the GP tomorrow and get checked out.

Moving house is enormously stressful - I did it last September, and by October I had shingles: do take time out for yourself if and when you can smile

suzy75 Sun 17-Jul-11 19:34:16

Thanks everyone! I don't feel unwell... I don't have a fever or anything other swollen glands, just painful arm pits. Everyday I seem to have a few more. I've got a week to go before I move - so many be it's that! They do feel like lymph nodes but its just unusual as I don't feel unwell with them!

If they are still there after I move I will see a gp... another thing to add to my list of jobs to do!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now