Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Just had terrible news :-(

(3 Posts)
Clarence15 Sat 16-Jul-11 14:13:44

I've just heard that my cousin has got an aggressive form of cancer in her lungs. She's only 15 :-(

She was very ill about 9 yrs ago with a different form of cancer and had to have a rib removed. She had chemo and has been clear since then. But she was taken in on holiday a few weeks ago and it seems that it's come back, this time in her lungs.

I don't see the family that much (once a yr or so) so I don't actually know them that well but I'm absolutely distraught for them. It sounds like it's life-threatening and they aren't sure she's going to get better. They are starting chemo today so we've just got to hope for the best.

mummylin2495 Sat 16-Jul-11 14:16:46

Poor girl,sadly a lot of young people seem to have to face this terrible illnes.What a shock for all the family,but they can do marvelous things these days and i hope she will be one of the luckier ones.

nokissymum Sat 16-Jul-11 14:17:47

Oh how awful! So so sorry to hear this, will keep her in prayer that she will be able to cope with the treatment and come out of this.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now